Valve Posts Job Listing for Linux Engineer
!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Windows-based #games to the Linux platform !!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior #Software #Engineer
Lead engineer and architect on product integration into the highly available digital distribution platform called “# ”. Utilize business/commerce background and engineering skills to drive next generation features for software developed by Valve.
* Develop an understanding of Valve’s Internet business and player community and contribute creative web-focused design solutions to improve the experience of using Valve’s products
* Manage the operation of large clusters of machines running both Windows and Linux in a highly available system.
* Utilize knowledge of networking technologies and their appropriate use in large scale digital distribution systems and gaming platforms.
* Port Windows-based #games to the #Linux platform.
* Test, document, and maintain large scale networking installations and their assorted protocols oversee and implement quality assurance of applications in house and third party games distributed on #Steam™
* Bachelor in Systems Engineering (or equivalent).
* Requires two years of experience in systems engineering designing and developing communications software and hardware solutions including resolving problems surrounding real-time and non real time PC- based systems using #C++ and network programming algorithms and their interaction with physical devices.
Experience must include providing research and documentation on solutions implemented.
To apply, please email your resume, URL, and/or work samples.